Forum

Youngtimers  

RSS

Thanas_4
(@thanas_4)
Founder Admin
04/05/2018 10:57 am  

Let's talk about legendary hot hatches from the past, our favorite childhood memories or exciting driving experience with a future-classic.

ReplyQuote
Thanas_4
(@thanas_4)
Founder Admin
04/05/2018 11:08 am  

One of my all time favorite cars is the Renault Clio Williams. My father owned a 1998 Clio 1.2 in which I learned how to drive and we always dreamed of "upgrading" in a Williams one day. I haven't had the chance to drive the Williams yet but I have read every available review and I understand that it truly is one of the best front wheel drive cars ever made.

Modern hot hatchbacks are really nice with heaps of technology and a crazy amounts of power however nothing can possibly match the steering feel and the responsiveness of a 90's hot hatchback. We might never get another Williams but we can still dream of finding a nice example in the used car market someday!

Here is a dedicated page of the Clio Williams with pictures, specifications and details - link

Edited: 3 years  ago

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
05/05/2018 1:15 pm  

Good Evening Thanos,

I am Panagiotis Barbaressos, one of the administrators of the Citroen AX club Greece. I live in UK for one year now and I really miss my AX back in Volos (Greece).  Do not hesitate to ask me anything you want concerning this and other hot hatch models!

Θανο καλησπερα!

Ειμαι ο Παναγιωτης Βαρβαρεσσος ενας εκ των διαχειριστων του Citroen AX club Greece. Ζω κι εγω 1 χρονο στην Αγγλια και μου λειπει πολυ το ΑΧ μου στο Βολο. Οτι χρειαστεις και για το συγκεκριμενο μοντελο και για αλλα μη διστασεις!

Edited: 3 years  ago

ReplyQuote
Thanas_4
(@thanas_4)
Founder Admin
06/05/2018 1:15 am  

Hello Panagiotis and welcome to hothatch! We would love to have your AX featured in our owners section. I bet it is a thrill to drive it around the twisty roads in Greece. Is it a Citroen AX Sport or a Citroen AX GTI; I was always wondering how do they compare driving-wise with the Citroen Saxo VTS which was their successor.

ReplyQuote
Thanas_4
(@thanas_4)
Founder Admin
23/05/2018 2:14 am  

This week, our featured hot hatch is the Toyota Starlet GT Turbo S (P70) which definitely is considered a "youngtimer".

I have never driven the car but I am sure that with a weight of only 740 kg and the active suspension technology, it could put a smile on its driver's face, even though the turbocharged 1.3 liter engine only produced 105 hp (77 kw) which is "base" model territory in 2018.

More information on the featured hot hatch of the week in the following link:  http://hothatch.com.au/product/toyota-starlet-gt-turbo-s-p70/

ReplyQuote
Thanas_4
(@thanas_4)
Founder Admin
28/05/2018 5:17 am  

This week our featured hot hatch is the Nissan Pulsar (N14) GTi-R 

It is maybe one of the best hot hatchbacks of the 90's, featuring an all wheel drive system and a turbocharged 2.0-litre engine producing 169 kilowatts (227 hp) of power and 280 Nm of torque. The 0–100 km/h acceleration only took 5.4 seconds which is really impressive, even by today's standards so I can only imagine how fast it would feel in the early 90's

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register