Renault Sport unveils Clio Cup, Clio Rally and Clio RX racing variants
Renault Sport Racing unveiled their new range of customer-competition models for single-make cups and open competitions, during the Formula 1 French Grand Prix.
The Clio Cup, Clio Rally and Clio RX are based on the Renault Clio R.S. Line (production model) with many improvements on the drivetrain, chasis and other mechanical components.
Under the bonnet we find the four cylinder 1.3 TCe engine producing 170-180 hp (125-132 kW) of power and 280 – 320 Nm of torque thanks to a Garrett turbocharger. Power is sent to the front wheels through a Sadev 5-speed sequential gearbox with the help of a ZF limited slip differential. Suspension, brakes and chassis have been tuned accordingly by Renault Sport in order to comply with the regulations.
Visually, the cars wear the R.S. Line production bodykit with the addition of a roof scoop, a larger rear spoiler, racing wheels with Michelin tires and special liveries combining bright yellow or dark paint with gray, black and yellow graphics.
Development of the racing derivatives took one year, aiming at reliability, performance and cost control. Each version is developed for the specific needs of circuit, gravel or tarmac rallies, however Renault will also offer dedicated conversion kits for the customers who want to race in all types of surfaces or terrains.
The racecars will be assembled at Dieppe and sales will kick off in October 2019, so customers will be ready to race in the 2020 racing season.
- Base : Clio RS Line
- Chassis: steel welded monocoque
- Front axle : Pseudo McPherson
- Rear axle : H axle
- Suspension : Non-adjustable shock absorber Bos Suspension
- Type : 1.3 TCe Renault – 4 cylinders – 16 valves
- Turbocharger : Garrett
- Cooling: derivative of standard model
- Fuel delivery: Direct injection
- Power: 170 – 180 horsepower, according to regulations
- Torque: 280 – 320 Nm, according to regulations
- Maximum RPM : 6,500
- Electronics : Life Racing
- Fuel : SP98
- Length – Width – Height auteur (mm): 4050 – 1988 – 1400
- Track Front-Rear (mm) : 1500 – 1490
- Wheelbase (mm) : 2579
- Unloaded weight: according to regulations
- Sadev sequential five-speed gearbox + reverse
- Manual gearshift with electric unlocking for reverse
- ZF limited slip differential
- Clutch : Sachs
- Wheels: 6×15 (gravel), 6.5×16 (Asphalt), 7×17 (Cup)
- Tyres : Michelin
- Front brakes: according to regulations
- Rear brakes: according to regulations
- Hydraulic hand brake
- FIA homologated FT3 fuel cell