VW Golf VII GTI gets 70% more power by Mountune
The upgrade unlocks 70% more power compared to the stock version. More specifically, the tuned 2.0 TSI produces 385 hp / 283 kW (+165 hp / 121 kW) of power and 510 Nm (+160 Nm) of torque. This increase was achieved by the IS38 turbocharger (which is standard to the Golf VII R) and a bespoke calibration. Through the mTune handset, the driver can choose whether he/she wants more power, while he can also fully disable their vehicle using the anti-theft setting.
According to Mountune, the tuned Golf accelerates from 0-97 km/h in just 5,2″ which makes it considerably quicker than the stock version (0-100 km/h in 6,4″).
Customers can either choose to fit the package from the comfort of their own home or have it fitted by one of mountune52’s expert engineers at mountune HQ in Hutton, Essex. Those opting for fitting by a mountune52 professional are also entitled to an oil and filter service.
The complete Golf GTI STAGE 2+ Power Upgrade includes:
- iS38 Golf R Turbo, Gasket & Fastners
- Oil and filter service (when fitted at mountune52 HQ)
- mTune handset complete with performance calibrations; STAGE 2+, Stock, Valet, Anti-theft
- Gauge display (monitor OBD channels in gauge form)
- Adjustable shift-light
- Performance measurements (0-60, 1/4 mile)
- Datalogger (10 hours max)
- Fault-code reader
- Zip-up case with mTune mount, OBD and USB cables
- mountune52 badge
The Stage 2+ power upgrade for the Golf GTI is priced from £2,099 ($4,226 AUD). For more information, visit the official Mountune website here. All mountune52 products are supplied with a 12-month / 12,000-mile warranty (whichever occurs first) against manufacturing defects.